I recently needed to (combine / join / merge) 24 separate video clips. This seemingly easy task turned out to be more difficult than I thought. I tried several paid Apps and wasn’t satisfied with the quality of the final video.
After doing some research, I found out that the best video merger app is actually right under my nose – QuickTime Player. It is free, easy to use and produces videos in superb quality. Here I will show you how you can merge videos, movies clips using QuickTime Player.
- On your Mac, launch the QuickTime Player located in the “Application” folder.
- Open the first video clip using QuickTime Player. A QuickTime Player window opens.
- Select the rest of the videos clips, drag and drop them onto the open QuickTime Player window.
- You will see all the video clips are arranged at the bottom of the QuickTime Player window.
- You can re-arrange video clips by dragging each clip to the left or right.
- Once you’re satisfied with the order of all video clips, choose “File->Export” to save all the opening video clips as one.
Image Credit: Johan Bichel Lindegaard